Fast melee troop that targets buildings and can jump over the river. He followed the echoing call of Hog Riderrrrr all the way through the arena doors.
Clash Royale Hog Rider
- The Hog Rider is unlockable from the Arena 4 (P.E.K.K.A.s Playhouse).
- The Hog Rider is a single target, melee Troop with moderate hitpoints that targets buildings.
- With his high amount of damage, the Hog Rider can be spawned in affiliation with a high hitpoint card to distract enemy troops, such as the Giant, with support units dealing lots of damage.
- The Hog Rider, in conjunction with the Freeze spell can be used to extreme effectiveness. Firstly, the Hog Rider is spawned, and if the opponent spawns troops to defend the Tower, cast the Freeze spell, as the Freeze spell freezes the defending troops & Crown Tower, and the Hog Rider will remain unhindered to attack the enemys Tower.
- The Freeze spell can be substituted by the Zap spell for a cheaper push and a spell that deals damage.
- The Hog Rider only attacks buildings. This means that it can easily be distracted with a Tombstone or a Goblin Hut, but he can also help you by destroying them.
- He can also clear a key defense or front-placed Elixir Pump for a future push.
- A Hog Rider and Rage combo can also work to ensure a crown, or lots of damage to a Crown Tower.
- A very powerful combo using the Hog Rider is called The Triple 4. It is the Hog Rider, Musketeer, and Valkyrie. The Musketeer is for protecting the Valkyrie and Hog Rider from air troops, the Valkyrie is for protecting the Musketeer and Hog Rider from mass troops (i.e. Skeleton Army, Spear Goblins) and the Hog Rider is used to tank for the Musketeer and Valkyrie.
- However, due to the high cost of this combo and its vulnerability to the Minion Horde, it not commonly used.
- Pair the Hog Rider up with Skeletons or Goblins to protect him and to cause distraction for the opponent. They can also deal huge damage if tanked for.