Six fast, unarmored flying attackers. Threes a crowd, six is a horde!
Clash Royale Minion Horde
- The Minion Horde is unlockable from Arena 4 (the P.E.K.K.As Playhouse ).
- It summons 6 single target, short range Minions with low hitpoints.
- The Minion Horde can be used effectively to support higher hitpoint troops, such as Giants, eliminating any opposing ground troops and distractions for the high hitpoint troops.
- If the Minion Horde is ignored by the opposing player, it is able to devastate or destroy the enemys Crown Tower.
- The Horde can be directly countered by Arrows, eliminating the entire horde of Minions.
- In any case where Arrows are not in your deck, other area damage spells like the Fireball can be used to effectively take out the Minions instead.
- Zap is a cheaper alternative, causing each Minion to be eliminated in one hit by the Arena Towers and completely eliminating them if the Zap is 2 or more levels higher than the Minion Horde.
- The Wizard is useful as a counter to the horde. He can kill minions up to 3 levels higher than him with one shot.
- An effective strategy to use is the Hog Rider and Minion Horde, followed by a Rage spell once they reach the opposing Crown Tower. If left undefended, the Hog Rider and Minion Horde can destroy a Crown Tower with ease.
- Using the Minion Horde instead of two batches of Minions saves you 1 Elixir , as the normal Minions cost 3 Elixir and spawns 3 while Minion Horde costs 5 Elixir and spawns 6.
- The main disadvantage with the Minion Horde is that it can not be played easily in urgent situations, while the 3 Elixir Minions can quickly be drawn. This information could be used when planning a deck.
- Another disadvantage is that both can be killed by Arrows or spells, but the Minion Horde will cause you to lose more Elixir.
- The Minion Horde can be used to defend against troops that target buildings, especially Balloons, as the Horde deals more damage than Minions and destroys tanks quickly. However, beware of enemy Arrows!
- One useful strategy is to use both Minion Horde and Goblin Barrel . Both of them are weak to arrows, so use either one to bait out the Arrows, and deploy the other!
- Can be used to protect the Balloon when attacking.